Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beyonce, the World's Most Beautiful Woman?

"Is it wrong that sometimes when people call me, I break out into 'Telephone,' my mom always does Beyonce's part?" Lady Gaga wants to know on her Facebook post. Is that a sly dig, mayhaps?

Beyonce & Lady Gaga turn their backs on one another
"Beyonce, the international superstar singer, wife of Jay-Z and mother to four-month-old Blue Ivy has been named People magazine's world's most beautiful woman, it was revealed on TODAY Wednesday morning," TODAY entertainment on-line announced.

Magazine senior editor Alexis Chiu told TODAY's Matt Lauer and Ann Curry that Beyonce is "flawless, she's gorgeous, she's at the top of her game career-wise, she's this music icon at 30 years old and on top of it she has this glow going on ... She's a new mom."

Blecch!

"I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth," Beyonce told People in an interview to appear in the issue, which will hit newsstands in two more days (April 27 at time of writing).

Blue Ivy & mommy dearest
"The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy," she added. "The word 'love' means something completely different now." Gag!

Also included among the mag's "most beautiful" categories are names that include Jennifer Aniston (!), Michelle Obama, Jennifer Hudson, Kristen Wiig, Jennifer Lawrence and Selena Gomez.

TODAY's Kathie Lee Gifford and NBC's Meredith Viera also made the list. "All beautiful women who are very of-the-moment," said Chiu. Very kiss-assy, no?

Last year's choice was Jennifer Lopez. (And blecch! again.)

Lauer wanted to know if anyone bald had ever made the list. "We're thinking about you for next year," said Chiu, who said they'll take it under advisement.

Ok, I have to confess I've had the hots for Lauer since he was a lowly announcer on HBO. And he had hair. But, hey, I'll take this 6-foot hot dog, hair or hairless!

Talking about Selena Gomez & Jennifer Lopez as Most Beautifuls, what is latina lovely Salma Hayek up to these days?







No comments:

Post a Comment