Saturday, July 13, 2013

Russia: Sexcrime

Looking over my audience stats for today, I would say virulent anti-LGBT discrimination in Russia has dampened my blog's viewership in that country, as Russia is normally in my daily Top 5 in terms of where my global readership originates. Nonetheless, views from Ukraine still remain strong.

To my gay readers in Russia and the territories under its rule, the international community is with you. We support you and share your struggle. Protests are being mounted, like the boycott of the 2014 Winter Olympics. I'm certain diplomatic efforts are going to be made. This will not stand.

Despite civil rights gains in the USA, the LGBT community remains under attack by haters. Our united fight against inequality, hatred and suppression continues.

To all my brothers and sisters in Russia, my comrades, remain strong and know the international gay community is involved in your struggle. Our struggle is one and united we are strong. Love and lifestyle are not sexcrimes, even when a despot declares it so.

Dance; it's hopeful; it's evolutionary and revolutionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment