Thursday, September 12, 2013

On My Turntables & a Bit of Billboard

The refreshingly retro disco-funk of "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk, featuring the vocals of Pharrell Williams and the expert guitar performance by Nile Rodgers, jumped from 31st place on the Billboard club chart last week to this week's #21. Love this song and expect it to keep rising!

Dig the bootleg Matteo Ianescu remix:



Little else of interest on that chart, most good numbers (in my esteem) dropping.  The new remixes of Yoko Ono's "Walking on Thin Ice" rose to #4, however, which is terrific and Lady Gaga's "Applause" is right behind it in 5th place. Kylie's "Skirt" is down at #6 after ruling the roost last go-round at number one. Pet Shop Boys' "Vocal" fading to 10th spot after peaking at #3. Lady Bunny's "Take Me Up High" drops to #25 after peaking at #17.

Promos I received: Not at all impressed with Flashdancerz's 2013 bootleg remix of Blondie's "Call Me." Does the classic disco number no justice at all. I wouldn't spin this at gunpoint! Likewise, Jeremy Gygi's mix of Britney Spears' "Ooh La La" left me cold. Couldn't get me to the floor for this tied to a forklift!

Does Ricky Martin's voice exude sex or is it hot in here? The Craig Welsh mix I received certainly serves the singer well. Strong number. Could be another disco hit.

Mark Picchiotti's mix of Kylie Minogue's "Skirt" really werqs it. Best mix of the crop.  Edson Pride serves up a beauty of a dance treat with expert, driving work on Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble." And the UK's 7th Heaven offers us Leann Rimes'"Spitfire" admirably. The diva returning to club music is always a treat.

Katy Perry's "Roar" is a bore in any mix. Sorry. It just doesn't engage me. More of a purr than a roar.

But for true diva fabulousness, check out my interview with Karin Nagi at Blab It to Beaverhausen!
http://blabittobeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2013/09/exclusive-q-with-international-diva-of.html

Thanks to all my blog readers. In the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Netherlands, Greece, France, Germany, Italy, China, Brazil. Let's dance for unity, equality and peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment