Monday, January 6, 2014

AB FAB: The Movie Is ON, Sweetie Dahlings!

Do you have the champs handy? Ok, sweeties, this is swell! Huffington Post reported today that Jennifer Saunders absolutely fabulously confirmed the making of an "Absolutely Fabulous" feature film on the UK's Jonathan Ross Show over the weekend.

"Rumors about a movie of the classic British sitcom have been swirling all year," writes HuffPost about AbFab.

They went on to tell us: "Yes, well I have to do it now because I've threatened it a lot," said Saunders while on Ross' show this weekend. Saunders then continued, "And then Joanna Lumley kept announcing it and saying, 'Yes, she's going to do it, she's going to do it' and then Dawn French on our radio show at Christmas said, 'I bet £100,000 that you don't write it.' So now I have to write it, otherwise I have to pay her £100,000."

Saunders also revealed that her procrastination is one of the reasons the film has taken so long, as well as "second album syndrome." She explains to Ross, "Once you've had a bit of success, the last thing you want to do is go and make a flop. So the biggest fear in me is that it won't be good enough. I'm really nervous about it."

We're sure the brilliant Ms Saunders will come through with rainbow colors and bells on no doubt.

Thanks, especially, to Queens Our City Radio's Chris Colby for being the first of many to tip me off and encourage me to write this up. And thank you to you all! 

This is such delicious news, we're salivating as we type, dahlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment