Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Eric Alan at the XL Get Out! Awards


When Eric Alan accepted his Get Out! LGBT Singer of the Year Award and performed "L.O.V. & E.," his new dance single with his dancers, it was a thrilling show-stopper to the night's festivities. Moments from the event and Eric's performance are captured on the YouTube video below. Barbara Sobel and I were in attendance from Queens Our City Radio for that mid-December event. http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-get-out-awards-at-xl-nightclub-nyc.html

I asked Eric (who, prior to his singing career, once worked on an oil rig off the Gulf Coast), a few questions to get his thoughts and impressions about showtime at XL.

Dj Buddy Beaverhausen: How does one go about winning the Get Out! Award for entertainer of the year? Do you know what your competition was like? 
Eric Alan: Honestly, I don't know how I won. It sincerely was unexpected. When I found out about it, I did make a little 'commercial' to request that people vote but with other talented and established artists on the roster, I didn't think I had a chance.

Queens Our City was there, the only press allowed at the rehearsals. Barbara and I were impressed with the precision of the choreography. How much rehearsal did that require all together for you & your back-ups? 
I can't even tell you the man hours that went into that show. We used a lot of the same choreography from the video and previous performances but of course had to adapt it to more dancers and a larger stage, etc. Believe it or not, rehearsals are one of my favorite parts of the whole show process.

What's on your performance and/or recording agenda right now? 
I'm currently working on a video for another song with a more organic, latin vibe to it. Pre-production has begun on the film and I hope to have it released along with the new song soon. It's very jazzy, soulful and definitely a departure from "L. O. V. & E."

Such a pleasure to meet you at Awards. How did I do on the confetti gun? 
It was amazing to meet you and Barbara at the Get Out! awards and great job on the confetti! Thank you! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment