Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Valentine's Day Night: ICON Illustrated

Dj Buddy Beaverhausen Faces off with Dj Ian Ford
Dj Ian Ford was in the house at Icon last night in Queens, where I spent my Valentine's Day night. I have a real love hangover this morning, let me tell you. But I had the most fabulous time with equally fabulous company.

The music was magnificent, I must say, and my friend Kevin and I took to the dancefloor to shake it to Ford's hot set on a cold winter's night. We shook our booties to everything from Kylie's "Love at First" to StoneBridge's classic Robin S track, "Show Me Love." http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2014/01/exclusive-q-with-producerremixerdj.html

I recently had the opportunity to interview the iconic NYC dj Ford (over the Internet), so it was a pleasure to finally meet in person before he took to his turntables:

http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2014/01/on-icon-splash-clubland-and-divas.html

It has been quite a winter assault of frigid weather, snow and ice in NYC, yet Icon drew people in with its warmth, its excitement, its glamour and its shelter from the storm.

What follows is my scrapbook of snapshots of a wonderful Valentine's Day evening that involved many tasty and potent cosmos and that kicked off a three-day holiday weekend for many.

An Iconic Conga Line


Icon's bartender formal wear!


Icon Undoubtedly Has the Hottest Bartenders in NYC


Heaven & Kevin

Travis, Nick Lion's New Club Assistant


Go-Go Gods Were Swingin' It!




This woman, an Icon regular (with her Valentine) sounded just like Karen on Will & Grace


Part of what keeps Icon hot on a February night
Nick introduces us to Icon's new manager 

Nick & another dashing friend
Caught celebrating, seated on a plush, diamond-studded stool near the dj booth

No comments:

Post a Comment