Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Open Get Well Letter to Pia Zadora

Dear Pia:

I am so sorry to hear about your accident and the serious injuries you suffered as a result. I understand your husband/manager had to cancel your Vegas engagement, which is really sad because I planned on coming to Vegas to see it around Thanksgiving. Well, I guess it really isn't all about me. I guess. Perhaps. I mean, this is just a horrible thing to have happened to you and I can't imagine how you feel right now.

I loved your workshop for the Vegas act that I saw at The Metropolitan Room in NYC. It was such a thrill to meet you, along with your stage director, the legendary Bob Esty, whom I've interviewed previously. The show was amazing and your rendition of "O, Solo Mio" blew us away. My friend Nick and I thank you for the Piatinis.

http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2014/08/pia-with-z.html

I read story after story about your accident Friday in Vegas but here's one thing that's not clear to me from reading any of them. You fell from a golf cart? Were you on a golf course? Or can you drive a golf cart in traffic in Vegas? I've never seen that in NYC and I'm not sure it's legal here. However, we have pedicabs on the road which are bicycle-driven rickshaws essentially. And guess what? I was with a friend who fell out of it. In her case, it was because she was way drunk. Served her right for trying to kick random passersby when we rode near the curbs.

Ouch! Head and ankle injuries (multiple fractures). I hope you recover quickly. But, hey, you're a Jersey girl! You're tough. You're from Hoboken. You'll bounce back and soar like a Butterfly, I know it.

Love you, Pia! Wishing you well and hoping you're back in fighting shape in no time.

Sincerely xxx Buddy Beaverhausen!


No comments:

Post a Comment