Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Exclusive Q&A with Hot New Rising Star, Jimmie Bush

I look forward very much to seeing Jimmie Bush at the Metropolitan Room. He is a college football player turned crooner. I have heard him on iCloud, YouTube and other places on-line and he has a remarkable voice. Many thanks to Mary Cordle Bush, the best stage mother a boy could have, and to Richard Skipper http://www.richardskipper.com
for arranging this Q&A. Reserve now to see this very promising performance by calling the Metropolitan Room at 212-206-0440. 

Buddy Beaverhausen: I'm excited about seeing you on September 12th at the Metropolitan Room. Are you psyched about debuting there?
Jimmie Bush: Oh, yeah, I'm very excited to be there! I've never been to New York before. So, I'm looking forward to the whole experience. I know Metropolitan Room is the top cabaret in the City, so I'm really looking forward to performing there.
BB: I think you'll love it. Metropolitan Room has a very classic art deco look that will be perfect for you.

BB: You were born and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida. Is that where you currently reside?
JB: Yes, I've been here all but three years of my life, which is when I lived in California. I originally wanted to pursue a career in professional football but I love entertaining and that's what brought me to the Metropolitan Room.

BB: What made you, at your age, embrace the music of Englebert Humperdinck and Tom Jones?
JB: Oh, just growing up with that kind of music. My father was a professional singer and he sang those songs and I always liked them.

BB: What other songs influenced you? On the radio or whatever?
JB: Motown. Especially The Temptations. I like James Brown and his high energy and everything he brings to the stage when he performs.

BB: What can people expect from your Metropolitan Room debut?
JB: They can expect some surprises, ballads, songs they might not expect from me. I'm pretty laid back and I think the audience can expect to relax and have fun.

BB: Were your parents supportive of your singing career?
JB: Yes! Very supportive. They really didn't want me to be a pro football player. They were afraid I'd get injured ~ which I did. But I had my singing to fall back on and everything's worked out for the best.

BB: Are there any contemporary artists on the radio today that you admire?
JB: Sam Smith, the English artist who sounds as good live as he does on recordings. I really admire his work a lot.

BB: Do you have any celebrity crushes?
JB: Wow! Where do I start? I'd have to say Ronda Rousey is on the top of that list; I think she's hot.

BB: What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses as an artist?
JB: I think my strength lies in my power ballads. Weakness could be my patter. I'm from the south, so I might have to work on my accent and diction.
BB: I don't think you need to worry about that. Be yourself. Southern accents can be charming.
JB: [Laughs] Thanks!
BB: Yeah, just relax and have fun.

BB: What do you like to do to relax?
JB: I like to go to the gym a lot. I have an athletic background, and it helps me relieve stress. I also love going to the beach; helps me relax.

BB: How did you get booked at the Metropolitan Room as such a newbie in town?
JB: Well, that happened through my manager, George Bettinger of The Mom and Pop Shop. He sent them my cd and I guess they liked what they heard, so now I'm on my way there. Looking forward to it very much.

BB: Care to talk about your cd a little?
JB: Sure. It has some country on it along with ballads and standards. It has a lot of diversity. I really don't like to stick to any one genre, so it's kind of eclectic.

BB: Any last shout-outs?
JB: Definitely thanks to George for making this NYC event happen! My parents, Mary and Jim Bush, for supporting me. And all my fans out there, and to all my new audience in NYC! Very grateful and thanks to everyone!







1 comment:

  1. SEPTEMBER 12th IN NYC!! George Bettinger presents Jimmie Bush Jr. at The Metropolitan Room (34 W 22nd St, New York, NY 10010 (212) 206-0440) in NYC http://metropolitanroom.com/event.cfm?id=212768
    Many surprises are in store. For press reservations, interview requests, or more information, please contact
    Richard Skipper Celebrates at Richard@RichardSkipper.com or 845-365-0720
    7PM

    ReplyDelete