Monday, December 28, 2015

Cine Beaverhausen: Christmas Eve with Patrick Stewart

Tonight, I watched Christmas Eve with Patrick Stewart. It's a pleasant enough comedy-drama best seen during the holidays while you're in a sentimental frame of mind.

It's about busy New Yorkers trapped in elevators on the titular holiday. They learn, of course, in the course of the film to find their humanity and to bond with one another.

It was kind of a box-office flop, at least here in the USA at least.

Herein, Mr Stewart mildly goes where man has gone before. It's no It's a Wonderful Life, though it has its moments. Frankly, I'd rather watch the Alvin & The Chipmunks Christmas movie featuring John Waters. But I'd much rather watch this than that Christmas horror film (as if we need another one) Krampus which gave me cramps, actually!

I appreciated Christmas Eve's snappy dialogue, however, and its overall cleverness. Recommended for your holiday viewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment