Saturday, February 27, 2016

Buddy Beaverhausen's Random Thoughts: Buddy B Gets His Head Examined, part 2

Once more into the breach!

I had another wicked fall and bloodied my head once more. I had my last public physical collapse, from vertigo, in 2013.

This time, I was taking out the recyclables on Wednesday night when I slipped on the rain-slicked pavement and a landed on the back of my head. A neighbor saw this, strolled into the deli and said, "Charlie's lying on the sidewalk and his head's bleeding. I think he's gonna die." What a concerned reaction! And what a putz!

My friends in the deli, Sam and Shaq, immediately took action. They phoned 911 and even helped get me on the stretcher. And off I went to NYU Lutheran Hospital.

The staff there is very attentive and professional. Many young NYU med graduates. Top-notch nurses. Very clean, sanitary environment, as opposed to, say, the old St. Vincent's in Manhattan.

There was testing galore. CAT-scans, x-rays and even more.  Had so many blood draws and injections, they were running out of available veins. I even had my cerebral arteries checked.

I wasn't discharged until Saturday at around 4pm. I have to visit Monday to talk with a social worker and have my sutures removed.

A car service was called for me.  NYU Lutheran's in Sunset Park, just a 10-minute car ride to Bay Ridge. So now I'm home and life is back to normal it appears. SNAFU!

Special thanks to Shaq [pictured at right] and Sam, my heroes!






















3 comments:

  1. PLEASE PLEASE be careful, Charles. I'm worried about this....thank you Shaq, for looking-out for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE PLEASE be careful, Charles. I'm worried about this....thank you Shaq, for looking-out for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're okay my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete