Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Buddy Beaverhausen's Random Thoughts: Donovan Turns 70

Donovan turns 70 today! He is, of course, the iconic '60s pop-folk singer who sang of love, peace, happiness and his wardrobe.

Donovan's songs are eternal/. I have long enjoyed his lovely pop tunes and still give them a listen now and then. They gently transport me back in time.

Born Donovan Phillips Leitch, he was a major star. Radio, concert performances, tv.

It's difficult for me to grasp how old my idols are getting, as well as I.

Here's a song I love that was used in an old GAP ad:



This was probably Donovan's greatest hit:



Happy birthday to my fellow Taurus, born just three days ahead of me, though not in the same year. I've always shared a special affinity with the Scots singer and now I know why!


No comments:

Post a Comment