Friday, June 8, 2012

Billboard Blab and Promo Winners

Toni Toni Toni!
Let's talk highlights of the Top 25 Billboard Dance Chart ending the week of June 16, shall we?

While poppy little boppers One Direction took over the top nook with "What Makes You Beautiful," Rihanna sinks like yesterday's beleaguered Battleship to 4th place while Toni Braxton's "I Heart You," however, nicely keeps up its momentum, going from #6 to #3, hopefully on its way to #1, where it deserves to be.

"Dance Again," also once #1, stays put at 8th place, a hit for sure with eight weeks on the chart so far. If I were into numerology, I'd give Missy JLo a head's up about the number 8. Behind it, "Menergy," the Ralphi Rosario remake featuring Shawn Christopher, leaps from 15th place to 9th. Pumping menergy for sure! Many a dj likes Eva Simmons' "I Don't Like You," now in the 10th spot. I don't like her (or it).

Canada's Carly Rae Jepson is at lucky number 13 this week with "Call Me Maybe," babies.  But Katherine McPhee's "Smash" hit, "Touch Me" steams its way up the Dance chart from #24 to #13! Can't touch her, she's smoking hot!

Ok, I didn't need a deadline for my "NYC Pride Anthems 2012" promos (my oversight not to establish one) because I received three correct answers shortly after I announced the totally free giveaways.  The promo-only cd-r's mail out Monday to:

AJ, USA
David, USA
Lucho, Brazil

Congratulations winners & thanks to all who participated!

And Happy Gay Pride to everyone on the planet, damn it!





No comments:

Post a Comment