Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Smash Season 2 Update

Latest news, according to Digital Spy, is that Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson will make several guest appearances on Smash next season opposite Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty. Hudson will portray Tony-winning Broadway star, Veronica Moore.

Hottie Andy Mientus (who was in the off-Broadway production of Carrie, the musical (see my post, http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2012/02/carrie-on.html )) will be added to the cast for some spice.

Unfortunately, five characters will get the axe: Dev (Raza Jaffrey; sigh!), Deborah Messing's husband (Brian d'Arcy James) and son, and the scheming Ellis Boyd (whom I will miss, but let's see what intrigue develops otherwise in Season 2.  I mean, Ellis was fired by Anjelica Houston and Dev did sleep with poison Ivy!) And Michael Swift -- with whom Messing started messing around with in real-life, leaving her real-life hubby -- will no longer be on the show. Oh, the sweet and sour porking of it all!

Besides ditching her domestic-tsuris storyline, by the by, Missy Messing will get a more glam wardrobe, it is promised. Go all Dynasty on us, bitch, we love you! So, let's hope Season 2 brings us more sex appeal and let the gloves come off already! I'm ready! Who gets the first big slap?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, except I don't want Dev to go. I have a super crush on him. I vote Ivy slapped by Karen should be the first slap of the season. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same super crush. (Hey, I saw him first, LOL!)
    I vote Karen slapped by Ivy! Then, big cat fight all over the set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to see Ellis go either. There's so much more intrigue they could develop with that bitchy little queen. Brian d'Arcy James is debuting his act at 54 Below, starting tonight!

    ReplyDelete