Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Half Man: Angus' Beef

I don't know whether the appropriate cliche is "Don't shit where you eat," "Don't eat where you shit" or "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." But I think it was not a wise move for Angus Jones, who was but a chubby child performer when the "Two and a Half Men" series started in 2003, to diss the series that has employed him lo these nine years. After all, the series moved on after firing star Charlie Sheen. I'm certain they'd have no qualms about firing a half-star.

Ironically enough, it was none other than Sheen who called Angus' acting out (rather than simply acting, which, frankly, in his case has always been rather dubious) a "meltdown."

After signing a new contract, Angus, who claims to have found God, proceeded to call the show "filth" and ask people not to watch it. His comments attracted much media attention and went viral on the Internet.

It occurred to me that the emotional and psychological effects of losing baby fat could be the problem which, frankly, is why I have long refused to do so.

I would not have even blogged about this had the following news not developed. Jones' publicist hastily put out this message today, reputedly from the sitcom co-star's mouth:

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear.

"Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family."

Humble pie, baby? Anguish Angus?  News is that Jones will not appear in the two episodes of the sitcom before it goes on  a two-week break before Christmas. Maybe the appropriate cliche is "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out." And, of course, the producers could just round off the show's title to "Two Men." Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment