Monday, August 3, 2015

Travels with Beaverhausen: The Castro


New haircut, in front of Castro Theatre
Went to Castro Street on the Muni (train) today. Got off at Harvey Milk Plaza. I went to Nice Cuts, right around the corner from the Castro. The Asian woman who cut my hair did a good job, I thought. Afterwards, I bought a souvenir t-shirt and hat, plus gift cards, fridge magnet and a pack of SF map napkins.

The owner of the gift shop had a British accent. He's a long-time SF resident but moved here from Stratford, London, England.

Of course, going home, I had to do the tourist thing. That means getting totally and completely lost. It took me almost two hours to get back to Steve and Ilene's place. But I returned with a new hairstyle and a bagful of things to remember my trip by.

Wild Cards gift shop
Harvey Milk Plaza
I might go back tomorrow. I will definitely visit Chinatown. I'll try to ferry on the bay, try to hit Haight-Ashbury by foot and hop on a cable car. Wednesday morning, I leave for NYC, a mixed blessing.
Castro St.

No comments:

Post a Comment