Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Halloween Countdown 2015: Rare Audio ~ Bea Benaderet in Taking Papa Home

Here's something completely different for my Halloween Countdown. Dramatic audio horror to chill your soul.

Arch Oboler had a radio show way back when called Lights Out!  In the '60s, he released an album of great horror radio-styled drama called Drop Dead! For the strong of heart only.

Do you dare listen to this track?

It's suspenseful fun, I promise. My brother and I had Drop Dead! when we were kids. We wore it out. I recently ordered it on vinyl for Halloween, my fave holiday!

Not on cd but available through Amazon.com on MP3 and vinyl.

You will recognize the voice of Bea Benaderet on this track. She was also the voice of Betty Rubble on The Flintstones. She starred on Petticoat Junction on as the mother, and co-starred on The George Burns & Gracie Allen Show as a regular. She was also Pearl Bodine on The Beverly Hillbillies and appeared on Green Acres.

As I recently retired, I find it extra scary today. Jersey Bob, I dedicate this one to you!

Here is "Taking Papa Home."




No comments:

Post a Comment