Saturday, January 23, 2016

Buddy Beaverhausen's Random Thoughts: Snow Job NYC

After a relatively mild winter, Mother Nature socked it to us with a blizzard, doing a job on us.

So, at least for us living in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic, here is a picture at left of what it looked like in Bay Ridge this morning.

The snow plows do a really good job on the streets here. Still, it's hard to keep them clean and safe when the snow is so relentless. We haven't experienced a snowstorm like this in a while.

The snow is predicted to keep up until around midnight. At least the kids are enjoying the snow, making snowballs and playing in it. My windows are so covered in snow today, I can't really see outside, though I'm impressed with the amount of snow on my windowsills.

Thank God the downstairs deli is open! I remember a blizzard in the 1990s, when I was living in Park Slope, and I actually climbed over mountains of snow to get to the nearby deli for a cup of coffee. (My own brews never taste as good as when somebody else makes it.)

I doubt the mail will get here, though they might surprise us again. Thank God, our power is fine.

Look, please don't drive if you can help it. Stay in, rest up! Because, crazy as it is, next week we head back into the 40s and all this will melt into history.

No comments:

Post a Comment