Sunday, January 10, 2016

Cine Beaverhausen: Steve Jobs

As far as biopics go, overall, I didn't find Steve Jobs such a hot commodity. And I have an Apple!

It is, however, well acted by Michael Fassbender in the title role, Kate Winslet, Jeff Daniels and Seth Rogen.

I found this interesting but hardly captivating. When it comes to bio-dramas, it's no Love Me or Leave Me, that's for sure. It did, however, win Kate Winslet a Best Actress Award at tonight's Golden Globe as well as one for its screenplay by Aaron Sorkin, and seems headed for the Academy Awards as well. It could turn into a box-office hit yet.

However, it felt very by-the-numbers to me. Some reporters have even said this is more fiction than fact. I think it really depends on how interested you are in your technology, frankly.

The acting and directing are all very strong. but the Jobs character, as portrayed, seems like a jerk and this movie just didn't engage me.










No comments:

Post a Comment