Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cine Beaverhausen: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

I love Nia Vardalos. I even loved the much-panned comedy, Connie & Carla, with Toni Colette and David Duchovny. But My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 didn't go down easy for me.

While Lainie Kazan and Andrea Martin steal the show once more, it's generally all duller than dishwater in that notorious Greek restaurant's sink.

The film concentrates on Vardalas and John Corbett's characters'  sulky teenaged daughter. She's no Saffy! She's a big drip who weighs this film down.

I was hoping for something more uplifting. You know. a comedy! I don't know what to call this befuddling mess.

The great Michael Conantine is back for this. Directed without any particular sense of style by Kirk Jones, it's an actors' free-for-all! It's been 14 years since the original fim and they have a 17-year-old daughter?! Vardalos is looking svelt, though, so maybe that's the point of this experiment in tedium!


No comments:

Post a Comment