Saturday, April 9, 2016

Buddy Beaverhausen's Random Thoughts: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony Comes to Brooklyn!

Apres moi, le deluge, my darlings! Ain't I the trendsetter though?

Notice how, since I moved to the borough of Brooklyn, it's groove level went way up? I have. Of course, my move here in 2011 coincided with the opening of Barclay's Center, so that may have had a little something to do with it, I have to admit in all false modesty!

Barclay's was the venue for this event. I recently saw Bette Midler perform there on her Divine Intervention tour and it was, indeed, divine! "Here I am! Brooklyn! Maybe next time I'll do the Bronx!" she quipped.

Chicago, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller Band, Deep Purple and gangsta rap group N.W.A. will be honored.   Where are the ladies this year? Sounds like an old boys club.

Steve Miller, now 71, was apparently not thrilled about his treatment at the event. But old rockers are known to be crotchety.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/04/08/steve-miller-rants-rock-hall-fame-induction-ceremony/82824082/

The induction ceremony took place yesterday, April 8, 2016. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment