Saturday, March 26, 2016

Buddy Beaverhausen's Random Thoughts: Movin' On Up!

At last, all good things have to end, unfortunately.

My good friend Kevin is moving from his downstairs floor-through to a 1 bedroom in the neighborhood. I heard our grubby, greedy landlord Louie is going to do some minor repairs to the place and jack up the rent from about $1,700 a month to over $7,400. Insanity! This is Bay Ridge, not Manhattan!

It won't be long before I'm out of here, too. I hope to find something in the neighborhood in Bay Ridge, though my friend Nick Lion is luring me to Astoria and I'm seriously considering that too.

I'll miss having my supportive and entertaining friend right downstairs for me. It's the end of an era. He's seen me at my worst and my best. But his new digs has a patio out back, perfect for spring and summer.

So I wish Kevin well and I'll follow suit by autumn. But for now it's a fond farewell. Great relationship, the best neighbor and friend anybody could ever have! "Laughter through tears" as Dolly said in Steel Magnolias.


No comments:

Post a Comment