Tuesday, May 7, 2013

R.I.P., Peter Rauhofer

Peter Rauhofer received tribute from his peers in the dance-music industry today after it was announced the famed and acclaimed music producer had died.  It was less than a month ago that I first heard the news he'd been hospitalized with a massive brain tumor, and I hopefully wished the best for him at that time. http://djbuddybeaverhausen.blogspot.com/2013/04/peter-rauhofer.html

"Shocked at the death of Peter Rauhofer," producer/ remixer/ dj Chris Cox wrote on Facebook. "We didn't always see eye to eye, but I always respected his music. R.I.P."   

Producer Tony Moran noted: "A short while ago I heard that one of our music heroes past away. I was shocked, hurt and angry that someone who I am certain had so much left to offer is gone. Condolences to his family and friends and I am now moving my energy to all the contributions that Peter has made. I will miss you, Tony."

Diva Kristine W wrote: "I am very sad about the news of Peter Rauhofer, I have meet him several times and enjoyed talking to him at various events and privately in conversation. I will miss this Dance Music Legend and I am sure he has a packed dance floor in heaven. He was a great talent. I will always cherish the amazing remix he did for me on my single 'Some Lovin'." 

And Rolling Stone reported: "Pioneering DJ, producer and remixer Peter Rauhofer died today after a long battle with brain cancer, according to a note from friend and manager Angelo Russo.... He was 48." Rauhofer remixed all the major disco divas of the day (Cher, Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Yoko, Adele, Toni Braxton) and was a major influence in the dance-music world since the 1990s. He received a Grammy for remixing Cher's "Believe" in 1999.

Peter, thank you for the joy all your music brought us. You are missed in clubs and dance floors around the world. He will be buried in his native Austria.







No comments:

Post a Comment